Sunday, April 11, 2010

Did they use Elmer's?

About 5:30 on Saturday the back doorbell rang. I was in the middle of changing a diaper so I considered ignoring it. Then, just as I was finishing, I heard loud knocking. There at the door was Sarah Taylor who told me Maddie had fallen and cut her chin. In the following 3 minutes Helaina and Henry were in our living room whooping it up with Emma and Drew, I had a mini stash of diapers, and Sarah handed off her uncooked home-made pizza (yum, just YUM) for us to cook and eat.

The kids had a great time playing together but Emma was SO naughty! She would not do a THING I asked and worked to push every button I had- running on the table bench, jumping on the couch, throwing toys... I realize she was just showing off for her friends, but seriously, I had been up since 4:45 a.m.!

Sarah made it back around 7:30. She had taken Maddie to the emergency room where the two doctors disagreed, one thought she needed stitches and the other said no. So they ended up gluing her chin.

Glue? Really?

I can't wait to check Maddie out when we see her at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment